Message from the President
Dear Pony Express families,
Welcome to a new school year at Pony Express! I want to introduce this year’s PTA Board:
- Kelli Turner – Vice President and Fun Run Coordinator
- Lucy Norvall – Treasurer
- Karen Lookingbill – Secretary & Webmaster
- Jennifer Fischetti – Assemblies
- Rebecca Ramirez - Newsletters
- Shafia Mohammed – Newsletter Distribution
- Kelli Turner & JoAnna Miller – Arts & Crafts
- Victoria White – Nuggets, Box Top & Flag Football
- Roseanne Aguirre – Membership
- Joseph Olson – Dads Coalition
- Holly Glasen – Parliamentarian
- Paige Terry – Fundraising
and myself, Diana Chow, President.
I want to invite you to be a part of our Pony Express Elementary PTA family.
Why should you join PTA? Simple. Besides the proud and priceless smile on your child’s face, other benefits are:
- Online parenting resources, including Our Children Online Magazine
- E-newsletters on parenting and legislative issues
- Discounted member rate for PTA’s annual national convention, magazine subscriptions, etc.
- The PTA Takes Action Network, connecting you to Congress when help is needed on issues important to children, schools, and families
Pony Express Elementary PTA is also responsible for events your child enjoys each year including: Special Assemblies, Family Dance, Ice Cream Social, and Play Day on the last day of school.
Time limitation? Joining PTA does not require you to attend meetings or volunteer your time. It means that you have a vote on what goes on at the school which your child attends.
Pony PTA membership fee is $6.00 per person, and is open to student(s), parent(s), guardian(s), grandparent(s) and anyone who wishes to help contribute to our school, including relatives and friends on the other side of town or in different states. Of the $6.00 membership fee, $5.25 goes to pay yearly dues to District, State, and National PTA. Only $0.75 goes to the general Pony Express Elementary PTA fund.
If you are able to give a little more than the $6.00 membership fee we would really appreciate it. The students at Pony Express would really appreciate it too! Your contribution is tax deductible to the extent of the law.
Electronic payment option is already available aside from paying in cash or check. If you ate interested to join, please leave a note with your name, e-mail address, contact phone number, student’s name and room number, at the front office and I will send a membership envelope home with your child within 2 business days. If you do not have that envelop after 2 business days, then please contact me at email@example.com.
If you would like to hear more about activities we have planned for this school year, please join us at the upcoming PTA meeting in the multipurpose room. Kids are always welcome!
Thank you for being a part of the Pony Family. Please join our Pony Express Elementary PTA family too. We need you to help contribute to the success of our school.
Diana Chow – PTA President 2018-19