Information About Volunteering
If you have signed up to help in the classroom or at a PTA event, or plan to do so in the future, please complete an SCUSD volunteer packet. Volunteer packets are available in the office, or you can print the forms using the link on the right.
Bring the following completed forms to the school office, before you volunteer:
- Proof of Negative TB Test (required every 4 years)
- CA Driver’s License or ID
- SCUSD Volunteer Registration Form
- Sex Offender Check Form
If you will be driving students for a field trip, or other such volunteering with unsupervised student contact, you need to be fingerprinted at the Serna Center at a cost of $47. You only need to be fingerprinted once for your child’s entire term with SCUSD.
The following additional forms are needed for unsupervised volunteering:
- Fingerprint Background Check (bring to Serna Center to be fingerprinted)
- Verification of Auto Insurance (if you will be driving students)